Sunday, January 11, 2009

Only two weeks left

So in two weeks, I will be leaving San Diego for two years--crazy. It still hasn't sunk in. Sometimes I get a lil freaked out, sometimes I'm really happy. I'm really excited that I'll be part of the first group to go to Rwanda since 1993.

My going-away party was yesterday. It was fun, and I was happy to see so many people that I haven't talked to in a while. My dad remarked how funny it was that most people there were my parent's age, but I reminded him that most of my friends from college and high school now live far away. I was appreciative of my friends who drove down from Orange County and Riverside (you know who you are, and thanks :).

So many people have encouraged me to put up a blog, so I'm doing it! I hope I'll be able to keep it up. I don't know how often I'll have internet access in Rwanda. Hopefully I'll have electricity, but I know that's no guarantee. I haven't kept a diary since elementary school, and even then I didn't show my entires to anyone. I saw it as a place to vent and talk about things I could never talk about out loud, so this blog thing will be a totally new experience for me. Even though I can be loud and crass at times, I really am a pretty private person. I'm just hoping that nothing I say here will hurt anyone's feelings or divulge too much information.

I wonder who will end up reading my blog. I'm planning on posting it to my facebook, and then giving it to my family as well. Ironically (but expectedly) the person whose attention I crave the most pretty much ignores me. I have tried to get a hold of this person, but I can't keep contacting them to the point of humiliation. I'm very sentimental, it's hard for me to let go. Goodbye for now, I'll write more soon.

1 comment:

  1. While some make small steps you are making a giant leap off into the unknown. Though I must admit I am somewhat fearful for you, more and more I am becoming excited at the thrilling journey that you are about to undertake. I trust that you will find a wealth of knowledge which will crown the foundation of your rise to self actualization.

    ReplyDelete