Monday, April 13, 2009

Presentation

So I wrote a very long and detailed entry here, but, since internet here moves at the speed of a diseased snail, and cuts in and out all the time, everything was completely lost and i'm so bummed. TIA (This is Africa). Basically, I gave several presentations in Kinyarwanda to an orphanage in Nyanza along with about 6 other PCVs. It went really well. We went over basic hygiene and hydration with the kindergartners, and came back the next week to do a presentation on sexual health to the teen orphans. I really liked Nyanza and the orphanage there. We got really positive feedback from the teachers and the students, and it felt genuine. For the first time since I've been here, I really felt like I could make a difference in Rwanda.

I got a dress made for my swearing in ceremony. It's not very African looking but I think it's really beautiful. It's gold with sequins, and poofs out at the bottom. Kay, I realize this information may be very boring for some...

I passed all my tests and I'll be swearing in as a PCV on Weds. I signed the papers and everything so now it's official. We got super fancy invitations to the ceremony, which will be held at an undisclosed location ( I can't say on the blog). Anywho, I gotta finish up packing. I'll miss Butare but I'm sooo excited!

1 comment:

  1. awww, i miss u sonia!
    I'm glad to hear everything is going well and that your enjoying ur time out in Rwanda. It was really nice to hear from you today and that everything is ok and u didnt get eaten by a lion! lol jk. When you get back we will see where i am, i may be in sf, or back in LA or grad school...who knows, but we will def. have to get the group together and get some drinks and good food that im sure ur missing as u last stated in the last couple of blogs!! :-) take care, miss ya tons, love ya!

    Best,

    Danny

    ReplyDelete